Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Christmas Lights Recycling Program

So, every strand of Christmas lights we own burnt out this year when we took down our tree...Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of options for recycling around here...It's actually pretty inconvenient, but still...I save cardboard to give to the local 4-H, I have stacks of magazines, bags full of plastic bottles & used batteries to take to the Terre Haute Goodwill, plastic sacks full of plastic sacks to take back to Krogers or Walmart (because I'm constantly forgetting my reusable shopping bags) oh, & don't forget the aluminum cans (we actually get a tiny bit of cash for those)...It's constantly cluttering up my house, but I'm trying...It would be so awesome if we could just set our recycling outside to be picked up...Anyway, I just got done shipping a box full of Christmas lights to the Christmas Light Source Recycling Program, for anyone who is interested...They take the money they get for recycling the lights & donate it to Toys for Tots, plus they send you a discount code for 10% off new Christmas lights...I think something like this may have been done locally, but I missed out on it, sooo, if you're slow like me (busy is more like it), this place accepts lights all year long, so you can send them whenever you get around to it. :)


Christmas 2009

No comments: